‘Super Saturday’ Financial Aid Workshop Feb. 13
The “Super Saturday” Financial Aid Workshop will be held at The University of Virginia’s College at Wise on Feb. 13 with check-in beginning at 9:30 a.m. in the lobby of Darden Hall.
This hands-on workshop will explain the federal and state financial aid process and give participants an opportunity to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the 2010-2011 academic year. The workshop is co-sponsored by UVa-Wise and the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (VASFAA).
The “Super Saturday” Workshop will start at 10 a.m. with a financial aid information session explaining the financial aid process and will include a question-and-answer session. At the conclusion of the information session, the staff from the Office of Financial Aid will assist high school seniors and their parents in completing their 2010-2011 FAFSA online.
In order to prepare for submitting an online FAFSA, students and parents should bring several items:
• Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN);
• Social Security numbers;
• student driver’s license (if applicable);
• parent and student (as applicable) 2009 W-2s and federal income tax returns;
• parent and student untaxed income records;
• parent and student bank statements;
• current business and investment mortgage information;
• business and farm records;
• stock, bond, and other investment records;
• alien registration card (for non-U.S. citizens);
• and a completed FAFSA on the Web Worksheet, which can be found online at www.fafsa.gov, in the section entitled “Before Beginning a FAFSA.”
The workshop is open to all individuals interested in pursuing a college education. Students are encouraged to bring their parents.
Pre-registration for “Super Saturday” is requested by calling the Office of Financial Aid at 276-328-0139 by Thursday, Feb. 11.