The Writing Center is located in Zehmer Hall 144b, at the hearth next to Student Support Services. The center offers services with the following:
- face-to-face consultations
- assistance with Powerpoint presentations
- assistance with any form of written presentation
Always bring the assignment.
Each computer in the center has access to the internet.
Things you need to know:
- Do not remove your USB drive from a Macintosh drive without ejecting it.
- Do not remove your USB drive while a processing application is still active.
- Bring a USB drive to save your work.
- Return all borrowed materials to the on-duty tutor
- Move the furniture.
- Play games or chat if the computer is needed for academic work.
- Have food or drink near the computers.
General Center Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Closed for lunch; please check the Writing Center board.
Zehmer Hall, Zehmer Hearth
Cyndi Newlon at email@example.com
Cynthia Johnson Newlon
Ms. Newlon is the Director of the Writing Center and a Instructor in English. B.A. in English, 1992, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise, a M.Ed., 1999, the University of Virginia, and a M.A., 2004, Emory & Henry College.