Mark your calendar.
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER
- Meet with our admissions representatives visiting your school to learn about UVa-Wise’s admissions requirements.
- Apply for admission to UVa-Wise.(Pay attention to the application deadlines!)
- Learn about private scholarship support from your high school guidance counselor.
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
- Apply to the First Early Admission Priority Plan (to be admitted by December 1).
- Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin filling out the Free Application for
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or pick one up at your high school guidance office. Request a student and parent PIN at www.pin.ed.gov.
JANUARY – MARCH
- Apply to the Second Early Admission Priority Plan (to be admitted by February 1).
- File tax returns for yourself and your parents as soon as possible.
- Complete and submit your FAFSA online or via mail as soon after January 1 as possible, but no later than February 15 to meet the April 1 deadline. UVa-Wise’s FAFSA code is 003747. (The federal government uses the FAFSA to calculate your Expected Family Contribution— the amount your family may be expected to contribute to the cost of your education. If you’re admitted to UVa-Wise and listed UVa-Wise’s school code on the FAFSA, we’ll use this data to determine your financial aid package.)
- Watch the mail for your award letter detailing the financial aid programs for which you qualify.
APRIL – JULY
- Attend the appropriate orientation session to meet with and advisor and sign up for your fall semester classes.
- Forward all student and parent loan request forms to the Office of Financial Aid by July 1 for fall semester disbursement.
- Sign up for payment plans if you’re choosing that option.
- Attend “Expedition,” our all encompassing kick off to the fall semester. Expedition incorporates a multitude of educational, social, community service, and leadership opportunities geared toward student success.
|Early Admission I|
|Early Admission II|
|Application Due: |
|Application Due: |
|Applications received after February 1
|Enrollment Deposit Due: February 15||Enrollment Deposit Due: March 15||Enrollment Deposit Due:
(students who choose to apply after May 1 will be required to submit the enrollment deposit two weeks after notification of acceptance.)
Early Admission Benefits
|Early Admission I Benefits||Early Admission II Benefits||Admission III Benefits
|Priority Orientation and Registration beginning in June||Advance course registration beginning in June||Advance course registration beginning in July|
|Early academic scholarship and financial aid consideration||Early academic scholarship and financial aid consideration||Priority financial aid consideration through April 1|
|Eligibility for application to Peake Honors Program||Priority housing selection (Based on date of receipt of housing application)||Priority housing selection (Based on date of receipt of housing application)|
|Priority housing selection (Based on date of receipt of housing application)|