Happily, UVa-Wise is authorized to offer admission to international students who wish to study in the United States. If you are not a United States citizen, please submit the following documents to the Admissions Office by Apr. 1 (for fall semester admittance) or Nov. 1 (for spring semester admittance):
- Application for admission to the degree program Click Here
- International Student Advisor’s Report (transfer students only) Click Here
- Official, translated and evaluated academic transcripts from all secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended previously. Academic evaluations will be performed by World Education Services (WES). Click Here
- Scholastic Aptitude Test I (SAT I) or American College Test (ACT) scores.
- Satisfactory scores (550 or above) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). In lieu of the TOEFL, applicants may submit scores from the Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL) exam. An applicant will be deemed proficient in English upon receipt of a score of 3 or greater.
- A Supplemental Financial Guarantee Form certifying that the student has access to adequate funds for college study prior to coming to the United States. All other international students Click Here.
- If you have questions about obtaining a visa or an I-20 please contact Rusty Necessary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective international students should consider the following documents and pages carefully:
- Important Message from the Department of Homeland Security Click Here
- UVa-Wise Health Services
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
- College Catalog
- Course Offerings
- Cashier’s Office – Tuition Information
Whether you’ve just been admitted or are trying to decide whether to apply, a campus visit can give you a much fuller picture of what life is like at UVa-Wise. Start planning now »