The Alumni Association of The University of Virginia's College at Wise was established in 1969. It is a private foundation, under the direction of a forty member volunteer Board of Directors. The Alumni Association owns and operates Alumni Hall, a meeting facility located near the main campus entrance at 9320 Coeburn Mountain Road on Darden Drive.
Today, the Alumni Association has over 8,700 members and is growing annually. The Alumni Association Board of Directors meets 8 times a year, holds an annual retreat, assists in the planning of activities, events, reunions and Homecoming for alumni and our current students. If you are interested in becoming more involved in your alma mater, we would love to hear from you.
The mission of The University of Virginia's College at Wise Alumni Association is to aid, strengthen, and expand the work and development of The University of Virginia's College at Wise, through the involvement of alumni.
Our mission is accomplished through a variety of activities and events.
- Developing Alumni clubs and an Alumni travel program.
- Developing a strong base of support through accurate record keeping of the Alumni database.
- Event planning for Alumni regional gatherings, reunions and Homecoming activities.
- Fundraising through special events such as the Alumni phonathon, Community Spring Swing, Cavalier Alumni $elebration and Super Raffle.
- Developing future alumni giving through events and activities with the current student body and graduating class.
- Gathering and editing information for publication in the UVa-Wise Magazine and Alumni website.
- Assisting with the recruitment of prospective students by sharing the story of our college's history and experiences.
The University of Virginia's College at Wise
Office of Alumni Relations
One College Avenue
Wise, Virginia 24293
Weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.