Commencement : Graduation Checklist
1. Fill out the Graduation & Degree Application
2. Obtain approval for each major from appropriate department chair.
3. Submit completed Graduation Application to the Office of the Registrar by the deadline.
May and summer graduates - mid-September of the preceding/current fall semester.
December graduates - early February of the preceding spring/current semester
4. Meet with personnel in the Office of the Registrar to confirm graduation status.
5. Attend Senior Salute in the spring. https://www.uvawise.edu/commencement/senior_salute
6. Watch your UVa-Wise e-mail for updates and critical announcements.
7. Check requirements for graduating with honors.
8. Many students require an "exit interview." Check with the Financial Aid Office to see what needs to be done.
9. Check for College holds/stop codes. Your diploma cannot be mailed or picked up until all financial obligations to the College have been met.
10. Leave a forwarding address with the UVa-Wise Post Office.
11. Complete a change of address form with the Office of the Registrar.
12. Register with the Alumni Office. For more information about the UVa-Wise Alumni Association, visit www.uvawise.edu/alumni.