Supporting UVa-Wise Baseball
The UVa-Wise Baseball team consists of a well-rounded group of student-athletes who are dedicated to achieving the goals of the program. The life lessons learned by participating as part of the Cavalier Baseball tradition will be lessons the players carry with them into the lives they build after graduation. Our focus is on developing talented athletes into student-centered athletes who strive to make a difference wherever they may find themselves. Our players work hard to raise funds to assist in providing a good quality program as well as volunteering on campus and within the community as ambassadors of UVa-Wise. Private support is critical and alumni and friends can play a critical role in moving the team to the next level by making annual gifts of every amount.
Contributions have an important impact on our baseball team by providing:
- an increase in scholarship support would allow us the opportunity to recruit the best student-athletes to represent the UVa-Wise baseball program. Scholarship funds have a critical impact on our players and ensure their success in the classroom as well as on the field
- appropriate equipment and supplies (such as quality uniforms, baseballs, bats, gloves, warm-ups, team apparel and special equipment such as a pitching machine)
- field maintenance (paint, sand bags, mound clay)
"I am very thankful for the generous support from alumni and friends to our Dug Out Club each year. The contributions help us to provide a better baseball experience for our students and fans."
Coach Hank Banner
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise baseball team to participate in tournaments and other team activities
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the baseball team by:
- making a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for baseball, and mail to UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293.
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft)
- online by following the link below - this will take you to our online giving page which is part of the University's website. Under "Designation" click by “I would like to choose a specific department, area or sport” and then select the team(s) you would like to support. Continue to complete the info that is requested. It will take just a couple of minutes.