Supporting UVa-Wise Women's Basketball
Competing in the new David J. Prior Convocation Center, the women’s basketball team is extremely proud of its home court advantage. In addition to handling a basketball, shooting, or defending, there are many other skills and abilities that are learned through a competitive college basketball program. Players learn self-discipline, teamwork, perseverance, time management, and good sportsmanship. In addition, the players get to travel and meet a diverse group of other competitive players from all across the United States and other countries.
Contributions have an important impact on our Women’s Basketball team by providing:
- scholarships that will help our extraordinary students to succeed. To be more competitive, we need additional scholarship support. To compete in a highly competitive league, and to recruit the best student-athletes, scholarship support is critical.
“On behalf of the women’s basketball team, I would like to thank all of our donors. Your contributions make it possible to have the gear and equipment our program needs to represent UVa-Wise. We are a program that is continually growing, and we are constantly working towards our maximum potential, thanks to all of our thoughtful donors….you are making it possible!”
Coach Kristin Kunzman
- appropriate equipment (such as basketballs, plyometric equipment, shoes, and software for recruiting)
- good quality uniforms, warm-ups, practice & travel gear, travel bags
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the Women’s Basketball team by:
- making a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for women’s basketball, and mail to UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft)
- online by following the link below - this will take you to our online giving page which is part of the University's website. Under "Designation" click by “I would like to choose a specific department, area or sport” and then select the team(s) you would like to support. Continue to complete the info that is requested. It will take just a couple of minutes.