UVa-Wise Twinleaf Society
Welcome to the homepage of the Twinleaf Society of retired Faculty and Staff of The University of Virginia’s College at Wise (formerly Clinch Valley College of the University of Virginia). The Twinleaf Society was organized in 2003 to represent all retirees of the College.
Governed by an elected Board of Directors, the Twinleaf Society seeks to make retirement as enjoyable and enriching as possible. Members of the Twinleaf Society participate in an increasing number of on-campus activities.
About the Twinleaf Society
Founded in 2003, the Twinleaf Society is a voluntary group representing all retired employees of The University of Virginia's College at Wise who wish to maintain contact with the College and with one another.
Upon realizing the interest of establishing a retiree group, the parties involved sought to select a name that would best reflect the identity of the group. After careful consideration, the name, Twinleaf Society was chosen. The symbolic importance of "Twinleaf" is twofold. "Twin" denotes the dual nature of the group, faculty and staff while "Twinleaf," a plant with the generic name of Jeffersonia, is the ideal tie between the group and Mr. Jefferson's university.
Membership in the Twinleaf Society is open to all retired employees of the University of Virginia's College at Wise. The association provides activities, communication, and certain privileges. The fee for membership is currently $10.00. For additional details about the privileges that accompany membership please read the attached document.
Membership is also open to spouses, even if they have not worked at The University of Virginia's College at Wise, although they may not be eligible for all of the campus privileges that are available to former employees.
Numbering approximately 34 members, the Twinleaf Society has an elected Board of Directors, which includes a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, plus at-large members.
The Twinleaf Society holds periodic meetings on the UVa-Wise campus, at which time members receive a report on activities and finances and have the opportunity to interact.
If you would like to become a member or obtain additional information concerning the Society, please contact any of the following members:
- Rex Baird - email@example.com
- Gil Blackburn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenn Blackburn - email@example.com
- Jim Collie, President - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Colyer - email@example.com
- Sheila Cox-Combs, Vice President - firstname.lastname@example.org
- George Culbertson, Treasurer- email@example.com
- Van Daniel - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Daniels, Secretary- email@example.com
- Richard Davidson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne Edwards - email@example.com
- William Hooper - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Lee - email@example.com
- Jim Lipps
- Estella Meade
- Phil Shelton - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Short
- Roy Wells - email@example.com