Q & A

What is the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC)?
The CVC is the annual charity drive of the employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Where does the money go?

Great news! 100% of your contribution goes to the charity or charities you select. No overhead costs are deducted from your contribution if you designate a charity.

What happens when I do not designate my funds?

When you do not designate your funds to a specific charity, a portion of your donation will cover campaign administrative costs and the remainder will be distributed proportionally throughout the State to those charities that received designated funds. In essence, other employees' choices will determine where your money is spent.

What is the relationship between the CVC and the United Way?

The CVC is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the United Way is one of over 1,100 non-profit organizations participating in the program.

How do I give to my favorite charity?

You can choose from over 1,100 charities listed in the Statewide Directory. The list can also be found at http://www.cvc.vipnet.org/directory.html. Find your charity's CVC code and enter it, with the amount you would like to designate to that charity, on the bottom portion of your pledge card.

What methods can I use to contribute to the CVC?

You may donate by cash, check, payroll deduction, or credit card.

How can I learn more about the charities in the CVC?

You may view the applications of the charities on-line at the CVC web site www.cvc.vipnet.org . They describe their programs, the groups they serve, and how they are funded. In addition, you can link to charities' web sites if available.

Who should I call if I have a question about the Campaign?

You can contact the Human Resources Department at 328-0240. 

When do the payroll deductions begin?

Payroll deductions begin with the first paycheck in January and end with the last paycheck in December.

What do I do with my completed pledge card?

Your pledge card should be returned to the Human Resources Department.