- HR STAFF
- HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
- FORMS AND LINKS
- 2015 STAFF HANDBOOK
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN
- HARASSMENT & DISCRIMINATION
- OC AWARD
- SERVICE RECOGNITION
- STAFF COUNCIL
- CVC CAMPAIGN
- RETIREE SERVICES
Staff Council : Staff Scholarship
The purpose of the Classified Staff Scholarship is to support your efforts in continuing your professional development by enrolling in courses offered at UVa-Wise. We encourage all applicants to explore other financial aid options, along with this application. The eligibility criteria and guidelines for applying for this scholarship are as follows:
1. Must be a full time classified or university staff employee, employed for at least one year at UVa-Wise or a part time “classified” wage employee employed for at least two years at UVa-Wise.
2. This scholarship is for a degree program at UVa-Wise and/or course that is work related and approved by supervisor.
3. All scholarship awards will be applied toward tuition, books purchased at UVa-Wise Bookstore or applicable fees.
4. Any Financial aid such as Pell Grant, Student Loans, Private Awards, Tuition Waiver and etc. will take precedence over the scholarship.
5. Any unused funds will be returned to the scholarship account. No cash refunds will be available to recipients.
6. Funding is based upon available scholarship dollars and is subject to change each year.
7. Continued eligibility of this scholarship is contingent upon satisfactory completion of previous course work and a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.5.
8. You must reapply each year for this scholarship award.
Please complete the Classified Staff Scholarship Application [here (pdf)] or [here (Word)]and return it to the Office of Financial Aid. If you have any questions in regards to the application, you may contact Human Resources at 328-0240. Best wishes to a successful educational endeavor.