The current departmental program review schedule is as follows:
|History & Philosophy||Natural Sciences|
|Business & Economics||Language & Literature|
|Visual & Performing Arts|
|Communication Studies||Social Sciences|
|Mathematics & Computer Sciences (Math Only)|
The Departments of Education, Nursing, and Mathematics and Computer Sciences (Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Management Information Systems ONLY) will substitute their self study for a national accrediting body for program review.
One year before the document is due (previous September)
- The department chair will review the last departmental five-year review.
- The department chair will assign parts of the review to faculty, to be due on or before the end of the fall semester.
- The department will examine their mission statement.
- The department will decide what data is required, and make the request to the Institutional Research office, to be due at end of fall semester.
- The department chair will prepare a draft of the review.
Spring semester before document is due
- The department chair will analyze data and complete draft.
End of spring semester
- The department will suggest names of external reviewer to the provost.
- The provost will appoint an external reviewer.
- The IR office will update data to include spring semester as requested by chair.
Fourth Monday in September
- The department chair will give the final program review to the provost.
- The provost’s office will send the report to the Program Review Subcommittee for critique.
- The provost’s office will make arrangements for the external reviewer to be on campus.
First Monday in October
- The Program Review Subcommittee will meet with the department chair to offer suggestions.
- The department will make any necessary revisions to the report.
Week following Fall Break
- The department chair will send final document to the provost’s office.
- The provost’s office will forward document to the external reviewer and finalize details of campus visit.
First week in November
- The office of institutional research will gather supporting documents for the reviewer.
- External reviewer will be on campus to conduct review and meet with faculty.
- The reviewer will meet with the department chair, the academic dean, the provost and the chancellor for an exit interview.
Last week in November
- The external review will provide a written report to the provost.
- The provost’s office will schedule a meeting with the department to share recommendations.
End of following January
The department chair will give to the provost a written report outlining the plan to address recommendations, with expected completion dates.