Moodle @ UVa-Wise
Moodle is a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Moodle provides Web access to course materials as well as online courses. Through Moodle, students can access lecture notes and handouts, turn in assignments, take quizzes, participate in class discussions, complete group work, and communicate with their instructors and classmates.
Moodle for Students
- Moodle can be accessed by using your college computing ID and password. (same as your email/portal username and password). Example: abc2d (do not enter '@uvawise.edu').
- Moodle course enrollments should be automatic. If you find that you are not enrolled in a course or enrolled in a course late you can manually enroll. Locate the desired course in the moodle course categories and click on the course name. If your instructor has given you an enrollment key, enter it when prompted, and click Enroll me in this course. If you do not have the enrollment key please contact your instructor for that information. Once you are enrolled in a course, it will appear under "My Courses" any time you are logged into Moodle.
Moodle for Faculty
- Faculty needing a course created should review this how-to. Moodle and Jenzebar are linked together and courses are imported from the portal with enrollments.
- Forward all Moodle related questions and requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty frequently asked questions.
Manuals and Tutorials