Moodle: FAQ: Is there a way to combine my course section enrollments?
Currently there is no way to automatically combine course enrollments for different course sections in moodle.
You can however manually add students to a course by using the “Assign Roles” link in the administration block of a course. You will need to search for each user and add them to the student role.
- Enter course you want to add students to.
- Click/expand ‘users’ from the settings block.
- Click 'Enrolled users' and then click the "Enrol users" button on the top right of the page.
- Verify that ‘student’ is listed in the 'Assign roles' drop down.
- In the search textbox enter the students computing id or name and hit enter/search.
- Enroll the user by clicking the “Enrol” button located to the right of their name.
- When finished searching and adding students click the 'finish enrolling users' link at the bottom of the popup.
Another method would be to get the address for a course and email or otherwise convey this information to the students. When the student opens the link to a course they will be prompted to enroll. If you have an enrollment key assigned to the course you will also need to give that information to the student. More information about the enrollment key can be found here. You may also need to enable 'self enrolment' in the enrolment methods under users in the settings block. More information can be found here.
- Enter course
- Find the address bar in your browser.
- Highlight and copy the URL.
Example address would be:
‘xyz’ would be replaced with the numeric value assigned to a course.