Moodle: FAQ: Why can't my students see their grades?
There are two places to check if your students report not being able to see their grades. The first is in the Settings area.
- Click on Settings, in the Administration block.
- In the first set of options, find the listing for "Show gradebook to students,"
- If it isn't already, set that option to "Yes."
- At the bottom, click "Save changes."
If that setting was already set to "Yes," it's possible that the Course Total category is hidden. The Course Total is an automatically created column that gives a running average score for students for all the various grade items. It functions like a normal grade category, like a folder containing the other grade items in your course. You need to make the course total visible for your students to see the grades contained within the course total category.
To show your course total:
- Click on Grades, in your Administration tab.
- In the top left-hand corner, click on "Choose an action..."
- Under Categories and items, select "Simple view."
- Find the Course Total column at the bottom of the list.
- There will be an icon that looks like a closed eye. Click that icon to make the Course Total (and the other grade items) visible.
- Click "Save changes" at the bottom.
After that, your students should be able to view their grades.
- 1 of 4