Please Note: Turn-around time depends on numbers of requests and staff available for processing. Please request transcripts with enough lead time if you have a deadline. It is your responsibility to make sure the agency or office accepts the kind of transcript you choose (paper or electronic).
Attention Currently Enrolled Students & December 2013 Graduates:
Official transcripts will not be processed from December 9, 2013 - January 6, 2014. Students may continue to request transcripts during this time, and the requests will be processed after break in the order in which they were received. Once processing resumes on January 6, 2014, please allow a processing time of 5-7 business days due to the heavy volume of requests. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
UVa-Wise Transcript Requests and Processing is Online!
Students can now request their transcripts online at our website through Secure Transcript™ provided by Parchment. So......
First register with a valid email address (initial visit only)
Choose a password and complete your profile.
Follow the instructions in the confirmation email to validate your account and complete your registration.
Sign in anytime to select the destinations to send your transcript(s) – other colleges or universities, employers, even yourself.
Confirm your selections, accept the user agreement and pay online.
Check back anytime to see the status of your requests and track delivery in real time.
Transcript Delivery Options & Fees:
- Office Pick-up (standard processing): $10.00 per copy (official)
- Office Pick-up (expedited processing): $25.00 per copy (official)
- U.S. Postal Service 1st Class: $10.00 per copy (official)
- Electronic Delivery (effective Fall 2011): $10 per copy
Transcript Requests: In accordance with FERPA regulations, transcripts are issued upon receipt of a transcript request form signed by the student. Transcripts may not be requested via e-mail, fax, or by telephone.
Transcripts may be requested the following way(s):
Faxed transcript requests are not accepted.
- On-line, transcripts may be ordered on-line by clicking here or visiting www.parchment.com.
- In Person, at the Office of the Registrar. A Transcript Request Form must be completed and signed by the student before a transcript can be released.
- By Mail, the Transcript Request Form can be printed and mailed OR provide a letter of request including: full name, social security number, current address, telephone number, other names(s) while attending college, the complete address(es) to which the transcript is to be mailed and the student signature. Transcript requests may be mailed to:
The University of Virginia's College at Wise
Office of the Registrar
One College Avenue
Wise, VA 24293
Processing Time(s): On average, transcript processing will take 2 to 4 business days. However, during office peak times, processing time may increase to 5 to 10 business days. Processing time does not include delivery time for the United States Postal Service.
Unfortunately, we do not have access to the University of Virginia's student database. Please click on the link provided to request a transcript from U.Va.
For more information contact the Office of the Registrar at (276) 328-0116.