Compliance at UVa-Wise
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is committed to operating with integrity and honor in full compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as College policies.
The Office of Compliance & Conduct serves to:
- promote campus compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies
- keep the campus community informed of compliance information and resources
- support the coordination of campus compliance activities
- provide updates to the campus community regarding required guidelines and mandates
- promote a campus culture of ethical conduct and commitment to compliance
- oversee the student conduct system and Student Code of Conduct
Areas of emphasis include, but are not limited to:
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to the 1964 Civil Rights Act (Title IX)
- Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act (Clery Act)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
Visit the links below for additional information about each of these compliance areas.
Meet Our Staff
UVa-Wise is a 2015-2016 Red Flag Campaign partner school. The Red Flag Campaign is a project of the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance. The program is a bystander intervention strategy to address and prevent sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking on college campuses. The Campaign encourages friends and other campus community members to “say something” when they see warning signs or “red flags” for sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking in a friend’s relationship. Learn more about The Red Flag Campaign online.
The Office of Compliance & Conduct is located on the upper level of Cantrell Hall. Contact us at 276.376.3451.