Compliance at UVa-Wise
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is committed to operating with integrity and honor in full compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as College policies.
The Office of Compliance & Conduct serves to:
- promote campus compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies
- keep the campus community informed of compliance information and resources
- support the coordination of campus compliance activities
- provide updates to the campus community regarding required guidelines and mandates
- promote a campus culture of ethical conduct and commitment to compliance
- oversee the student conduct system and Student Code of Conduct
Areas of emphasis include, but are not limited to:
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 to the 1964 Civil Rights Act (Title IX)
- Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act (Clery Act)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
Visit the links below for additional information about each of these compliance areas.
Meet Our Staff
The Office of Compliance & Conduct is located on the upper level of Cantrell Hall. Contact us at 276.376.3451.