Today, Governor Ralph Northam announced the 2018 Governor’s Fellows Program participants, and Natalie Chapman, a recent UVa-Wise graduate, is one of the participants. The Governor’s Fellows Program offers rising college seniors, graduating seniors, and graduate students an opportunity to gain valuable firsthand experience working under Cabinet secretaries and alongside staff in the Office of the Governor.
“I am pleased to welcome this year’s class of Governor’s Fellows to my office,” said Governor Northam. “Our Commonwealth is fortunate to have these talented young students serve in support of our state government. I look forward to seeing their contributions and watching them develop into leaders who will use their new skills and abilities to help build a stronger, more inclusive Virginia.”
Each Fellow is placed in a division within the Office of the Governor for the duration of the summer. In those offices, the Fellows cultivate and sharpen leadership skills by taking on a variety of tasks and projects. The Fellows also learn from special guest speakers from the administration and take field trips across the Commonwealth.
The Governor’s Fellows Program is open to students at Virginia colleges and universities as well as Virginia residents studying outside of the Commonwealth.
Below is a list of the 2018 Governor’s Fellows Program participants:
- Jevontè Blount, Ferrum College
- Hannah Melissa Borja, The University of Virginia
- Tonecia Brothers-Sutton, Virginia Commonwealth University
- J. Baxter Carter, Randolph-Macon College
- Christopher Cassingham, University of Mary Washington
- Natalie Marie Chapman, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
- Rima Chavda, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Diamond T. Clark, Virginia State University
- Noah Clarke, The University of Richmond
- Rebecca Dooley, George Mason University
- Lauren N. Fishbein, Lynchburg College
- Jack Foley, Radford College
- William Davis Gammon, Auburn University
- Weston Gobar, The University of Virginia
- Meaghan Green, The University of Chicago
- Khenia Haro-Perez, Old Dominion University
- Salinna Lor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Jalen Mask, Norfolk State University
- Zara Siddiqui, The University of Virginia
- Chandler James Vaughan, Virginia Tech
- George Ward, St. John’s College
- Theodore Webne, George Mason University
- Jasmine Zollar, The University of Virginia
For more information on the Governor’s Fellows Program, click here.