Dear College Community,

As you know, Sandy Huguenin, UVa-Wise Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, announced Tuesday that he will be stepping down as chief academic officer because of health issues. He has offered to stay on until a new Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs can be selected, which I whole-heartedly support. Sandy has served as Provost since 2010 and has had many accomplishments that we will be recognize at a future date. I am pleased that he will remain in the UVa-Wise family on the faculty of the History and Philosophy Department once a new Provost joins the College.

A search for a new Provost will begin immediately.  Parker Executive Search will assist us in conducting a national search for our Provost along with the search for the Enrollment Management position that I shared with you earlier in the year. I am currently reaching out to faculty and staff to form a search committee. Once the committee is finalized, this information will be shared with the College community.

I have enjoyed working with Sandy on my senior team.  Sandy’s leadership and deep personal commitment to the Academic Affairs department is greatly appreciated and widely recognized.

Best regards,

Donna P. Henry

Chancellor, UVa-WIse