Having successfully completed E2020, the previous Strategic Plan of the University of Virginia’s College at Wise, Chancellor Henry and the senior staff are now turning their attention to developing a new strategic plan for UVA Wise for the coming decade. A cross-campus Strategic Planning Committee has been formed, and their work to collect data to identify the College’s current identity, evaluate strategic options for the future, and envision the future of UVA Wise is well underway.
The Committee plans to share their initial findings and strategy with College Advisory Board and Board of Visitors in early November and December.
Phase I focused on developing a timeline for strategic planning work as well as completing information gathering. The Committee:
- Conducted a survey on the viability of and interest surrounding new programming options with prospective students;
- Contributed existing data around student academic success and outcomes; and
- Defined additional data collection they wish to complete.
In August and September, the Committee identified themes for the College's new Strategic Plan, evolving and rewriting UVA Wise's Mission. A draft of Mission, Vision, and themes was share with the campus community, and additional stakeholders were engaged for feedback and input.
Also in August and September, the Committee established new Strategic Pillars for the newly emerging Strategic Plan.
The committee is currently hard at work drafting the new Strategic Plan, incorporating feedback from a variety of key stakeholder groups across campus and within our local region.
Strategic Planning Committee
- Mark Clark, Kenneth Asbury Professor of History
- Trisha Folds-Bennett, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- John Adrian, Professor of English
- Neva Bryan, Director of Career Discovery and Planning
- Bruce Cahoon, Buchanan Endowed Chair of Biology
- Anthony Cashio, Associate Professor of Philosophy
- Chris Dearth, Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
- Meghan Dennehy, Head Coach of Women’s Lacrosse
- Elizabeth Dotson Shupe, Assistant Professor of Education
- Leton Harding, Member of the UVA Wise Board
- Joshua Justice, Dean of Students & Chief Housing Officer
- Debbie Vanover, Staff Senate Chair
- Mason Phillips, Student Member, Class of 2021
- Sabrina Qureshi, Instructor in Business, Assessment/SACSCOC
- Hannah Ryan, Assistant Professor of Music
- Sim Ewing, Vice Chancellor and COO
- Valerie Lawson, Vice Chancellor for Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Huda Aden, Chief of Staff for Chancellor Henry
- Scott Bevins, Associate Provost for Information Services & CIO and Interim Department Chair of Business & Economics
- Genna Kasun, Director of Marketing