Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to either incoming students or students currently enrolled at the College. To qualify, students must:
- Meet one of the TRIO eligibility criteria:
a) first generation and/or low-income, OR
b) low-income with a disability
- Demonstrate academic potential:
a) GPA of 2.5 or better
b) completed college prep curriculum from high school if applicant is an incoming first-year student
Students must submit a 500-word essay explaining how TRIO programs benefit students. Applications are available in the Upward Bound and Student Support Services offices located in Zehmer Hall. Completed applications should be submitted to:
TRIO Student Support Services
ATTN: Linda Couch
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
1 College Avenue
Wise, VA 24293
The application deadline is April 1, 2016. A committee comprised of the TRIO directors and the Director of Financial Aid will make the selections.
Renewal is contingent upon:
- Maintaining the GPA requirement and making sufficient progress toward degree completion.
- Being enrolled at the College.
- Being in good standing as defined by the College’s Code of Conduct.