Julia K. Weiss, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Communication
Office: Zehmer 110
- Ph.D., West Virginia University
- M.A., University at Buffalo
- B.A., University at Buffalo
Professional Interests/Research Interests
- Media Effects/Media Psychology
- Health Communication
- Media Studies
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Senior Seminar
- Public Speaking
- Weiss, J. K., & Cohen E. L. (2019). Clicking for change: The role of empathy and negative affect on engagement with a social media campaign. Behaviour & Information Technology, Online Publication, 1-8.
- Grizzard, M. N., Huang, J., Weiss, J. K., Novonty, E., Fitzgerald, K., Chu, H., … , Ahn, C. (2017). Graphic violence as moral motivator: The effects of graphically violent content in news. Mass Communication and Society, 20, 763-783.