Associate Professor of Religion
Office: Smiddy Hall 255
- Ph.D. (Philosophy), – University of Seville, Spain, 2007
- Postgraduate studies: University of Uppsala, Sweden, 1995
- M.A., (Applied Theology), – University of Salamanca, Spain, 1993
- M.A./S.T.L. Theological Institute ‘San Ildefonso’, Toledo, Spain, 1989
- B.A. – Pontifical Academy of Theology, Cracow, Poland, 1988
- Science and Religion
- Theories of Religion
- Introduction to The Old Testament
- Introduction to The New Testament
- Religions of the World
- One Nation Under God? Religion in Contemporary America
- Early Church History
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- History of Ideas
- Phenomenology of Religion
- Philosophy: Introduction to Epistemology, Philosophical Anthropology, Ontology and Ethics
- Classical Guitar
- Spanish 1010 – 3000
The relationship between religion and contemporary culture. In particular, how contemporary science impact our world views and challenges religious paradigm.
- Member of the Editorial Committee for “Thémata. Revista de Filosofía”. Seville, Spain.
- Member of American Academy of Religion.
- Founder Member of the Hispanic Society of Anthropological Philosophy (SHAF).
- Member of the Society for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture.
- NAFSA (Association for International Educators).
- VIE (Virginia International Educators). Member of the Board.
- Harrison Award for Outstanding Service, UVa Wise, 2011
- “What, How, and Why: The Geertzian Definition of Religion and Neurotheological Project on Meta and Megatheology”, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IJHSS), Vol. 2 No. 5; March 2012.
- “Love in the Theory of Positive Disintegration”, article published in Heksis, Polish-English Online Quarterly bilingual (Polish-English) psychology journal, Barcelona-Warsaw 2009.
- “El problema antropológico de la desecularización”. (Anthropological Problem of Secualrization) Antropología y Humanismo, (various authors), CEU, Madrid, 1999. ISBN: 84-95219-08-5.