Hannah Wunsch Ryan
Assistant Professor of Music
Office: Gilliam 126
- Bachelor of Arts in Vocal Performance, History – Gustavus Adolphus College
- Master of Music in Choral Conducting and Vocal Performance and Pedagogy – University of Colorado
- Doctorate of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting and Literature – University of Colorado
- Music Appreciation
- Diction for Singers
- Aural Skills
- Highland Chorale
- Concert Choir
- Applied Voice Lessons
- Vocal Pedagogy
- Choral literature
- Maddalena Casulana,
- Hildegard von Bingen
- The Changing voice
- Solo Performances
- Collaborative Performances
- Engagement through multi-faceted Performances
- American Choral Directors Association
- National Association for Music Educators
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
Hannah Wunsch Ryan is Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral and Vocal Activities at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise (UVa-Wise) in Wise, VA, where she conducts the University of Virginia’s College at Wise Concert Choir, Highland Chorale, and Madrigal Singers.
In addition to her choral conducting, Hannah has maintained an active performance career as soprano soloist both in the United States and internationally, with recent performances in Vienna (Austria), Montreal and Quebec City (Quebec), and Guayaquil (Ecuador).
Hannah received her double B.A. degree in Vocal Performance and History from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN, her M.M. in Choral Conducting with a Vocal Performance and Pedagogy Emphasis from the University of Colorado in Boulder, and her D.M.A. in Choral Conducting also at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
Hannah lives in Wise, VA with her husband, pianist Peter Ryan.