The 2018 Highland Cavalier Football Season is quickly approaching and we are pleased to offer a choice of tailgating packages to our fans. We welcome all alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents and friends to join us for our Highland Cavalier Game Day experience and for another GREAT season of Highland Cavalier Football at Carl Smith Stadium in Wise, Virginia.
Red & Gray Tailgating Package
This package is available to our alumni for an annual donation of at least $500.00 (a portion is tax-deductible) to The University of Virginia’s College at Wise Alumni Association. The Red & Gray Tailgating Package will include the following:
- 2018 Highland Cavalier Football Season Parking Permit in the Red & Gray lot at Carl Smith Stadium in Wise, VA (five home games)
- 2 Highland Cavalier Football Season Tickets
- UVa-Wise Alumni logoed tailgating items
- For more information, please review our Red & Gray FAQs and Policy
Reserve your Red & Gray Package by remitting payment to the Office of Alumni Relations or by making an online gift no later than August 24, 2018. Upon receipt of your payment, the Red & Gray Parking Permit and season tickets will be issued and mailed to you. Your tailgating items will be available for pick-up in Alumni Hall beginning August 27, 2018 or in the Red & Gray lot on game day.
Gridiron Tailgate Zone – Weekly Tailgating
A general tailgating area is available to alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents and friends of the College for each home football game and is included with your game ticket purchase. The Gridiron Tailgate Zone is located on the intramural field beside the game field and features the Cavalier Alumni Beverage Garden.
- parking is available on campus and guests are permitted to carry in tents, picnics and games
- tailgate space (10×10) for home football games are available on a first-come, first-served reservation basis. Purchase of a game ticket is required for entry (UVa-Wise students enter free with valid student id)
*NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL OR OPEN BEVERAGES PERMITTED
- For more information, please review our Gridiron FAQs and Policy
Tailgating For The Non-Tailgater
Looking to tailgate but not looking to cook? UVa-Wise has some great food offerings on campus for the football fans who are all about the fun but not the work! Chick-fil-A (Slemp Student Center 4th floor) opens on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. and Smith Dining Commons (across from Cavs Gap) opens Saturdays for brunch at 10:30 a.m. We can get you filled up and ready for some football!
The Cavalier Connection will be running on game days – just flag them down and ask for a ride from your parking location, the Bookstore or Chick-fil-A to Cavs Gap. Regular stops are Smiddy Circle, McCraray lot and Culbertson lot. They will run for an hour after the game ends so that you can get back to your car.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 276.328.0128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.