The CTE will offer a special section of EDU L369: Foundations of Special Education to meet the course requirement to be eligible for a provisional teaching license in Special Education in Virginia. This session will run from July 27-September 4, 2020. The cost of tuition is $597 for those who qualify for in-state tuition.
To register for this course, please complete the following steps:
- Go to UVA WISE Registration webpage: https://www.uvawise.edu/cte/registration-cte/
- Select Step 1 in the red circle.
- Click “Create a My Forms Account” under the green sign in the bar.
- Complete your My Forms Name, Email, and Password steps and click “Create Account.” (if it says an account already exists with that email, you will need to click the “Forgot your password?” link below and follow the steps to reset your password.)
- It will bring you back to the sign-in page where you will enter your email and password you just created or reset to log in.
- Once logged in, click “Center for Teaching Excellence Non-Degree Student Application.”
- Please complete all information (2 screens) using your full Legal Name and keeping in mind this is a secure official student college application/registration form.
- The Year and Semester You Plan to Enroll is Fall 2020.
- Under Course Selections, please 2021 FA- EDU-L369-50 (FOUND SP ED W/CHAR & LEGAL ASPECTS).
- Select “Agency” under Enrollment Guarantee.
- Provide your contact information.
- Under AGENCY CODE enter SPEDCOHORT. This will waive the $25 Registration Fee.
- Read the closing statement and select “I agree” from the dropdown box.
- Click Submit – Proceed to Payment.
- You will get a confirmation email from UVA WISE with pertinent course information and direction once your application has been processed – typically within 24 to 48 business hours.