Smiddy’s Cupboard provides non-perishable food items, toiletries, & school supplies to all UVa-Wise students in need — commuter & residential.
Smiddy’s Cupboard, located in the Office of Housing & Residence Life in Cantrell Hall, was created by the Committee on Student Hunger & Homelessness (COSHH). The food pantry is open on Thursdays from 9 – 11 am and 3 – 5 pm. Smiddy’s Cupboard is furnished by the generous donations of the UVa-Wise community and the community-at-large.
Monetary donations are accepted, payable to the UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise VA 24293. For more information, call 276-328-0129.
No frozen or perishable items. The majority of the UVa-Wise on-campus student population has only microwave access. See suggested donation items:
- Peanut butter
- Canned chicken, tuna, etc.
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Crackers, popcorn, chips, etc.
- Canned fruit
- Pudding/fruit/applesauce cups
- Gatorade, teas, and assorted drinks
- Bottled water, juice, tea, etc.
- Individual snacks (chips, pretzels, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc.)
- Microwavable meals (soups, pastas, ramen noodles, etc.)
- Toilet tissue
- Paper towels
- Bar soap/body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream/razors
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dental Floss
- Body lotion/moisturizer
- Laundry detergent (unscented)
- Sponges and dish soap
- Paper products-plates, bowls, etc.
- Plastic utensils (mixed packs)
- Ziploc bags (regular not freezer) in quart or sandwich size
- Loose leaf paper & notebooks
- 3 ring binders
- Pens, pencils & highlighters
- Index cards