UVa-Wise recognizes the contributions of individuals, clubs and organizations to the overall enrichment of student life at the College. Individual and organizational leadership awards are presented annually at the annual Student Leadership Awards Banquet. Consideration for awards is based upon information submitted annually in separate nomination and/or application forms for specific organization and individual awards. Nomination forms are linked below and are due by noon on Monday, April 1, 2019.
Student Organization Awards – Each organization will need to complete separate nomination forms to be considered for each of these awards.
- Student Organization Service Excellence — Recognition of the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts in national charitable fundraising efforts and/or contributions to the UVa-Wise campus and surrounding community.
- Student Organization of the Year — Recognizes the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts to UVa-Wise and whose members have exemplified true leadership through charitable efforts, campus involvement and programming.
- Student Organization Social Media Excellence– Recognition of the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts in social media promotions for their organization, UVa-Wise Campus and surrounding community.
Campus Program of the Year Awards– Awards presented for the most creative, effective and impactful programs involving students, promoting an educational and social experience, and building campus community in a fun and innovative manner in each of these categories.
- New: A program that has not previously been held on campus.
- Co-Sponsored: A program that was hosted by two or more student organizations/departments.
- Diversity: A program that promoted inclusion, culture, and education on the importance of diversity.
- Educational: A program that enlightened students about a specific subject.
- Shoestring: A small budget event that had a big impact for students.
- Social: A program that created a positive and fun event or activity for student interaction.
- Best Overall: The program that had the highest impact on the student body, promoted an exciting and positive atmosphere in multiple individual categories of recognition.
Greek Organization Awards – Each Greek organization will need to complete separate nomination forms to be considered for each of these awards.
- Chapter of the Year — Recognition of overall chapter excellence and contributions to UVa-Wise and the Greek Life community through academics, campus involvement, recruitment, service, and IFC/PHC involvement.
- Man & Woman of the Year Award — Recognition of a fraternity and sorority member who promotes Greek life throughout campus, serve as campus leaders/role models to other students, and who have made strong and lasting impressions on their chapters and UVa-Wise Greek Life.
- Outstanding New Member of the Year–Recognition of a new member of either a fraternity or sorority who has made strong impressions on the Greek community through involvement and participation.
Individual Awards – Each of these awards require separate applications for consideration.
- Advisor of the Year — Recognition of outstanding efforts by a club and organization advisor and the exceptional service to UVa-Wise students through involvement with a club or organization.
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion Award — Recognition of a faculty, staff, student, alumnus, or a community member who has worked to promote the diversity of and the acceptance of ideas and individuals within the campus community in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism in the course of advocacy, leadership, mentorship, educational initiatives, and/or programming.
- Outstanding Student Leader Award — Recognition of a student who has excelled in the area of student leadership during the past academic school year. Nominees should have demonstrated outstanding leadership by: serving as a positive role model; being active in at least one club or organization; being an advocate for the student body; and practicing ethical behavior, honoring commitment and displaying responsibility.
- Unsung Hero — Recognizes those individuals who have exhibited the highest standards of involvement and who have made positive ‘behind-the-scene’ and vitally important contributions to the UVa-Wise student life program.