Student Leadership Awards
Student Organization Awards – Each organization will need to complete separate nomination forms to be considered for each of these awards. All are due by noon on Monday, April 2nd.
- Campus Program of the Year — Recognition for the most creative, effective and impactful program involving students, promoting an educational and social experience, and building campus community in a fun and innovative manner.
- Student Organization Service Excellence — Recognition of the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts in national charitable fundraising efforts and/or contributions to the UVa-Wise campus and surrounding community.
- Student Organization of the Year — Recognizes the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts to UVa-Wise and whose members have exemplified true leadership through charitable efforts, campus involvement and programming.
- Student Organization Social Media Excellence– Recognition of the organization that has demonstrated outstanding efforts in social media promotions for their organization, UVa-Wise Campus and surrounding community.
Event and Program Spotlight Awards – Awards presented for the most creative, effective and impactful programs involving students, promoting an educational and social experience, and building campus community in a fun and innovative manner in each of these categories. All are due by noon on Monday, April 2nd .
- New: A program that has not previously been held on campus.
- Co-Sponsored: A program that was hosted by two or more student organizations.
- Diversity: A program that promoted inclusion, culture, and education on the importance of diversity.
- Educational: A program that enlightened students about a specific subject.
- Shoestring: An event that had a high impact on the student body although the event had a small budget.
- Social: A program that created a positive and fun environment for students to interact with peers as they participated in events or activities.
- Best Overall: The program that had the highest impact on the student body and promoted an exciting, educational, and positive atmosphere.
Greek Organization Awards – Each Greek organization will need to complete separate nomination forms to be considered for each of these awards. All are due by noon on Monday, April 2nd .
- Chapter of the Year — Recognition of overall chapter excellence and contributions to UVa-Wise and the Greek Life community through academics, campus involvement, recruitment, service, and IFC/PHC involvement.
- Man & Woman of the Year Award — Recognition of a fraternity and sorority member who promotes Greek life throughout campus, serve as campus leaders/role models to other students, and who have made strong and lasting impressions on their chapters and UVa-Wise Greek Life.
Awards for Individual Members of the Campus Community – Each of these awards require separate applications for consideration. Each pdf form is linked via the award title below. All are due on by noon on Monday, April 2nd .
- Advisor of the Year — Recognition of outstanding efforts by a club and organization advisor and the exceptional service to UVa-Wise students through involvement with a club or organization.
- Buck Henson Student Life Appreciation Award — This award was established in 1998 in honor of the late Edward L. ‘Buck’ Henson, Jr., professor emeritus of history. The award serves to recognize any faculty, staff or friend of the College who has contributed to the growth and development of the student life program through participation and contribution to enhancing the quality of student life at UVa-Wise.
- Outstanding Student Leader Award — Recognition of a student who has excelled in the area of student leadership during the past academic school year. Nominees should have demonstrated outstanding leadership by: serving as a positive role model; being active in at least one club or organization; being an advocate for the student body; and practicing ethical behavior, honoring commitment and displaying responsibility.
- Unsung Hero — Recognizes those individuals who have exhibited the highest standards of involvement and who have made positive ‘behind-the-scene’ and vitally important contributions to the UVa-Wise student life program.