Supporting UVa-Wise Cross Country
Cross Country provides great value to the student-athletes on the team. Cross country runners are excellent students, hard-working, and disciplined. Through long hours of running on their own they develop self-discipline and independence. While racing with other runners undergoing the same training regimen produces a climate of mutual respect. As they grow in the sport they develop a love for an activity they can engage in their whole lives. The sport also influences other students in that they learn running is an activity within the reach of ordinary-sized people and requiring minimal equipment. Also success in the sport against other colleges promotes school pride. Our competing against other colleges raises our visibility outside the area, while providing a collegiate sport in which students can aspire to participate.
Contributions have an important impact on our Cross Country team by providing:
- scholarships will help these extraordinary young people succeed. Competitive scholarships will help us recruit the highest caliber student athletes to represent UVa-Wise
- providing appropriate equipment (such as a canopy and tarp for a pre-race and post-race team support area)
- facilities that will help the team compete at its best. Contributions will help with creating and maintaining a home race course that will raise the visibility of UVa-Wise. There are several naming opportunities along the course.
- good quality uniforms and team clothing
- travel costs (food, lodging, transportation)
Respect · Honor · Integrity
Gifts may be made to the Cross Country team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for cross country, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.