UVa-Wise Women’s Lacrosse
The UVa-Wise lacrosse program is entering its third year of competition after a successful second season. These ladies understand that they are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to play at this level and at such a great institution. Through lacrosse, they are learning indispensable life lessons such as discipline, the value of hard work, goal setting, team work, and time management. Lacrosse is new to this region of the Commonwealth, and these team members are becoming valued members of the UVa-Wise family. They are delighted to be part of the team and take pride in being UVa-Wise Cavaliers.
Contributions have an important impact on our lacrosse team by providing:
- an increase in scholarship support would allow us the opportunity to recruit the best student-athletes to represent the UVa-Wise lacrosse program. We want to bring the best players in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond to UVa-Wise to compete with our challenging competitors. More scholarship dollars level the playing field in our recruitment efforts.
- appropriate equipment and supplies (Such as Custom lacrosse sticks, goalie helmets, pads and gloves, eye goggles, balls, and quality uniforms!)
- special equipment need – a plow for the turf
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation (specifically for our Spring Break trip in 2018).
- special technology need -iPad to help with coaching, film breakdown and recruiting.
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise lacrosse team to participate in tournaments and other team activities
“On behalf of the women’s lacrosse program, I would like to thank you for your continued support. Your contributions are helping move into our third year of competition and will help us into the future as we continue to grow. We are very excited to continue to compete on the Beaty Richmond Field and hope to see you there. With your continued help and support, we will be able to be stay competitive!”
-Coach Meghan Dennehy
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the lacrosse team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for lacrosse, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.