Supporting UVa-Wise Men’s Golf
Participation in the UVa-Wise Men’s Golf team enables competitive student-athletes to develop life skills such as self discipline, mental toughness, goal setting and perseverance. The players will use these life skills to set an example throughout the UVa-Wise community. Team members also have the opportunity to participate in the local communities providing support in various projects.
Contributions have an important impact on our Men’s Golf team by providing:
- scholarships that have a huge impact and will help our extraordinary students to succeed. To be more competitive, we need additional scholarship support which will help to recruit the best student-athletes from the region and beyond building a championship golf tradition at UVa-Wise.
- appropriate equipment (such as golf balls, golf shirts, rain gear, umbrellas, golf shoes, logo golf bags, towels)
- good quality team apparel & travel gear
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise golf team to participate in challenging tournaments in the southeast
“As we continue to transition into NCAA DII, I’d like to thank everyone for the support that they’ve shown our men’s golf team. Any contributions will go a long way in helping our growth as a program. Thanks again for all the support! Go Cavs!”
-Coach David Harvey
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the men’s golf team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for men’s golf, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.