Supporting UVa-Wise Softball
The UVa-Wise softball program has had much success through the years. These ladies understand that they are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to play at this level and at such a great institution. Through softball, they are learning indispensable life lessons such as discipline, the value of hard work, goal setting, team work, and time management. Softball is growing in this area, and these ladies have become incredible role models to the young girls in the community that come to watch us play and who come to our camps and clinics. They are playing because they love the sport and take such pride in being UVa-Wise Cavaliers.
Contributions have an important impact on our softball team by providing:
- an increase in scholarship support would allow us the opportunity to recruit the best student-athletes to represent the UVa-Wise softball program. We want to bring the best players in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond to UVa-Wise however our competition is fierce. More scholarship dollars level the playing field in our recruitment efforts.
- appropriate equipment and supplies (such as quality uniforms, bats, bat bags, cleats, socks, softballs, whiffles, tees)
- field maintenance (Turfus, quick dry, clay, line chalk, field paint, bases, nets)
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise softball team to participate in tournaments and other team activities
“On behalf of UVa-Wise Softball program, I want to thank you for your generous donation to our fundraising campaign. In these days of tight budgets and limited resources, supporters like you help make it possible for us to give our students the best possible athletic and educational experience. Your donation is greatly appreciated and will help improve the quality of equipment and travel for our student athletes.”
-Coach Karen Burnette Bitter
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the softball team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for softball, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.