Supporting UVa-Wise Women’s Basketball
Competing in the David J. Prior Convocation Center, the women’s basketball team is extremely proud of its home court advantage. In addition to handling a basketball, shooting, or defending, there are many other skills and abilities that are learned through a competitive college basketball program. Players learn self-discipline, teamwork, perseverance, time management, and good sportsmanship. In addition, the players get to travel and meet a diverse group of other competitive players from all across the United States and other countries.
Contributions have an important impact on our Women’s Basketball team by providing:
- scholarships that will help our extraordinary students to succeed. To be more competitive, we need additional scholarship support. To compete in a highly competitive league, and to recruit the best student-athletes, scholarship support is critical.
- appropriate equipment (such as basketballs, plyometric equipment, shoes, and software for recruiting)
- good quality uniforms, warm-ups, practice & travel gear, travel bags
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
“On behalf of the UVa-Wise Women’s Basketball Program, I want to thank all of our generous donors for supporting our fundraising campaign. Every contribution has been vital in providing the best student-athlete experience for our past and present players. Your donations will continue to improve the quality of our student-athletes experience while also helping us succeed in Division II.”
-Coach Jamie Cluesman
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the women’s basketball team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for women’s basketball, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.