Supporting UVa-Wise Women’s Golf
Golf is a sport that builds self-esteem, integrity, and a sense of responsibility in our athletes. It is unique in that it is an individual sport with team responsibilities. Our golfers have an impact within the college community as they are ambassadors for a sport that can be learned at any age. Other students, faculty, staff and community members see the value of this important sport through their visibility on campus, at the golf courses and within the region as community supporters.
Because Golf is not a spectator sport, there are few opportunities to raise support. The most important way is through donations and the second way is through hosting a tournament. Alumni and friends can help in hosting tournaments perhaps through the use of their home course, sponsor holes, provide a meal for the tournament, or provide the trophies for the winning teams.
Contributions have an important impact on our Women’s Golf team by providing:
- scholarships can have a huge impact on our recruiting efforts as we develop this new sport. Finding quality women golfers is a challenge at every level but if we are to be successful in building a strong program we will have to expand our recruiting efforts to include local, regional and national recruits. Scholarships will be critical to all of our players but particularly to those that may live outside the region and those that will be paying out-of-state tuition.
- appropriate equipment and supplies (such as golf balls, golf shirts, rain gear, team apparel, umbrellas, golf shoes, logo golf bags, towels)
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise golf team to participate in challenging tournaments and to participate in special clinics for training
By making a donation to the women’s golf program at UVa-Wise, you are helping us to compete with other schools in our conference and beyond. But, more importantly, you are investing in the lives of these young women through the game of golf that will have a lasting impact on our world.
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the women’s golf team by:
- Check – make a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for women’s golf, and mail to:
UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293
- Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Bank Draft – electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft form)
- Online (by clicking Make a Gift above) – this link will take you to the University’s website and you will simply indicate the amount that you want to contribute to UVa’s College at Wise Foundation (under the school funds category) and in “Other” indicate the name of the individual sport (golf, volleyball, cross country, etc.) or restrict it to general athletics. Once you have done this, simply provide the remaining requested information.