UVa-Wise Endowed Scholarship Funds
The 24th Annual Scholarship Luncheon was held on Saturday, March 21, 2015, in the David J. Prior Convocation Center. A record number of scholarship donors and scholarship recipients attended the annual event.
This year’s student speaker was senior Cassondra Chadwell the recipient of the William B. Cohen Memorial Scholarship and the Colgate Darden Scholarship. She is a recent Healthy Appalachia Institute Fellow and has presented research at conferences.
Preston Mitchell, retired coach and teacher, spoke on behalf of the benefactors. He and his family established the Joe E. & Marjorie Epps Mitchell Scholarship Fund in honor and memory of their parents. He has supported many others.
Twenty-two new endowed scholarship funds (established from March 1, 2014 – March 1, 2015) were announced at the luncheon including:
Newly Endowed Scholarship Funds
- Sally S. Baird Scholarship
- Ann Cawood Scholarship
- Jonette “MJ” Dixon Scholarship
- F. Wayne and Brenda P. Edwards Scholarship
- R. Winston Ely & Tamara S. Ely Scholarship
- Brock Funk Athletic Scholarship
- Gamma Chi Omega/Kappa Sigma Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship
- Fay Bond & Donald Gillespie International Studies Scholarship
- Richard and Leslie Gilliam Athletic Scholarship
- Don M. and Phyllis A. Green Scholarship
- Ralph B. & Hazel C. Greene Scholarship
- Betty M. Humphreys FBLA Leadership Scholarship
- Kline Foundation Scholarship
- Harper, Davis, and Duane Miller Scholarship
- Doug and Cecilia Mullins & Carrie Blevins Mullins Memorial Scholarship
- Stuart Rose Memorial Masonic Scholarship
- Hunter J. Smith Athletic Scholarship
- Southwest Virginia Medical Clinics Scholarship
- UVa-Wise Staff Scholarship
- Robert and Jeannie Stallard Athletic Scholarship
- Michael Keith Wampler Scholarship
- Laura Leigh Wells Memorial Scholarship
If you are interested in endowing a scholarship in honor or memory of someone, contact Valerie Lawson in the Office of Development at 276.376-4523.