The mission of the Threat Assessment Team (TAT) at UVa-Wise is to assess and to intervene regarding any individual whose behavior may potentially pose a threat to self, others, or the campus community. The team will plan and respond to potential threats or any act of violence in an attempt to prevent a critical incident and to maintain the safety of those involved as well as the safety of the campus community.
TAT members include:
- Jewell Worley, Associate Vice Chancellor for Compliance, Conduct & Inclusion and TAT Chairperson, 276.376.1004
- Josh Justice, Director of Residence Life & TAT Vice Chairperson, 276.376.4517
- Beau Boggs, Campus Police Sergeant, 276.328-0190
- Teena Fast, Instructor in Accounting, 276.328.0291
- Stephanie Perry, Director of Human Resources, 276.328.0240
- Narda Porter, Registrar, 276.328.0116
- Kendall Rainey, Director of Athletics, 276.376.4584
- Sara Schill, Counselor & TAT Recorder, 276.376.3432
- Stephanie Shell, Clery Compliance & Student Conduct Administrator, 276.328.0216
- Tabitha Smith, Title IX Coordinator and Director of Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives, 276.328.0131
In the event of any campus emergency, contact the Campus Police Department (276.328.0190 or 276.328.COPS (2677) weekday business hours; 276.376.3756 after hours, non-emergency; or 911 emergency).