An overview of their responsibilities and functions includes:
- housekeeping, as well as maintaining heating and cooling, plumbing, and electrical and fire suppression/alarm systems for campus facilities
- mowing, trimming and providing all aesthetic landscaping for the physical campus
- renovation and infrastructure upgrade projects
- continued preventative maintenance and preparation of the buildings for daily and/or extended occupancy
- snow and ice removal of campus sidewalks and parking areas during winter months
- special events assistance
FORMS & REQUESTS
- WORK REQUESTS Please complete the online Work Request Form to submit your campus construction and/or maintenance needs.
- PAINTING REQUESTS/PAINTING POLICY Painting of all campus facilities, including classrooms, offices, and common spaces, will be coordinated and/or implemented by the UVa-Wise Facilities Management Department. Personal purchase of paint and painting by individuals is not permitted. A Paint Request Form (fillable pdf) must be completed and submitted to the Facilities Management Department. Paint selection All paints will be selected from the Commonwealth of Virginia paint contractor, Duron. There are 12 warehouse-stocked colors and hundreds of contract colors available. Classrooms will be painted using Commonwealth of Virginia warehouse-stocked colors, unless otherwise specified by the Chancellor or appropriate Vice Chancellor. Offices and common areas will be painted using Commonwealth of Virginia warehouse-stocked colors or, for an additional fee and with appropriate approval, Commonwealth of Virginia contract colors. All new construction paints must be selected from Commonwealth of Virginia paint contractor colors. Billing structure E&G-funded (i.e., state-funded/instructional) buildings will not be charged labor for paint jobs that: 1. use warehouse-stocked colors and 2. are deemed necessary by the Facilities Management Superintendent. Departments will be billed for the cost difference between state contract and warehouse-stocked paints when state contract paints are used. Auxillary-funded (i.e., non-state-funded) buildings will be charged labor and the full cost of any paint selected. Any department that requests a paint job due to personal color preference, and not necessity, will be billed the full cost of the requested paint.
The Facilities Management office is located in the Physical Plant/Maintenance Building near the upper-campus/commuter parking lot.
For more information about the Facilities Management unit or for assistance with your campus request, please contact us during our regular weekday office hours of 7 am-3:30 pm at 276-328-0196 or by fax at 276-328-0286.
For after-hours assistance, please contact the UVa-Wise Campus Police Department at 276-328-COPS (2677).