The University of Virginia’s College at Wise Staff Senate was created to strengthen communication between and among staff members, faculty and students by:
Recommending ways to improve procedures and employee relations, promote safety and service to our constituents, to the Senior Staff and all College departments.
Advising the Chancellor on matters related to general College concerns, specifically those affecting the Staff.
Promoting and supporting the mission of The University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
Read the Constitution/Bylaws
2017-2018 Staff Senate Representatives
Chancellor and Office of Economic Development
Huda Aden-Chancellor’s Office
Vice Chancellor & Chief Operating Officer (Sim Ewing)
Beth Allison-Comptroller’s Office
Mitzi Cassell-Bursar’s Office
Mark Harmon-Campus Police
Mary Ann Keith-Post Office
Nick Marshall-College Services
Debbie Vanover-Human Resources
Vice Chancellor of Development and College Relations (Bob Bragg)
Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management & Student Life (Rusty Necessary)
Brittanie Jones-Residence Life
Nathan Rasnake-Student Life
Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (Sandy Huguenin)
Kim Lawson-Nursing Department
Malissa McConnell-Registrar’s Office
Natasha Tabor-Institutional Research
Vice Chair-Debbie Vanover
Chair, Social & Programming Committee-Meghan Dennehy
Chair, Employee Relations Committee-David Locke
2018 Meeting Minutes
April 2018 Meeting Minutes
March 2018 Meeting Minutes
February 2018 Meeting Minutes
December 2017 Meeting Minutes
November 2017 Meeting Minutes
October 2017 Meeting Minutes
September 2017 Meeting Minutes
The UVa-Wise Staff Scholarship
Download the Classified Staff Scholarship Application
The purpose of the UVa-Wise Staff Scholarship is to support your efforts in continuing your professional development by enrolling in courses offered at UVa-Wise. We encourage all applicants to explore other financial aid options, along with this application. The eligibility criteria and guidelines for applying for this scholarship are as follows:
- Must be a full time classified or university staff employee, employed for at least one year at UVa-Wise or a part time “classified” wage employee employed for at least two years at UVa-Wise.
- This scholarship is for a degree program at UVa-Wise and/or course that is work related and approved by supervisor.
- All scholarship awards will be applied toward tuition, books purchased at UVa-Wise Bookstore or applicable fees.
- Any Financial aid such as Pell Grant, Student Loans, Private Awards, Tuition Waiver and etc. will take precedence over the scholarship.
- Any unused funds will be returned to the scholarship account. No cash refunds will be available to recipients.
- Funding is based upon available scholarship dollars and is subject to change each year.
- Continued eligibility of this scholarship is contingent upon satisfactory completion of previous course work and a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.5.
- You must reapply each year for this scholarship award.
Please complete the UVa-Wise Staff Scholarship Application and return it to the Office of Financial Aid. If you have any questions in regards to the application, you may contact Human Resources at 276.328.0240. Best wishes to a successful educational endeavor.