In accordance with requirements outlined in the Code of Virginia (23-9.2:10), UVA Wise has a Threat Assessment Team for education and the prevention of violence on its campus.
The mission of the Threat Assessment Team at UVA Wise is to assess and to intervene regarding any individual whose behavior may potentially pose a threat to self, others, or the campus community. The team will plan and respond to potential threats or any act of violence in an attempt to prevent a critical incident and to maintain the safety of those involved as well as the safety of the campus community.
- Josh Justice, Dean of Students & TAT Chairperson, 276.376.4517
- Tabitha Smith, Title IX Coordinator and Director of Complicance & Inclusion & TAT Vice Chairperson, 276.328.0131
- Beau Boggs, Campus Police Sergeant, 276.328.0190
- Teena Fast, Instructor in Accounting, 276.328.0291
- Stephanie Perry, Director of Human Resources, 276.328.0240
- Narda Porter, Registrar & TAT Vice Chairperson, 276.328.0116
- Kendall Rainey, Director of Athletics, 276.376.4584
- Sara Schill, Counselor & TAT Recorder, 276.376.3432
- Katrina Kilgore, Counselor, 276.376.3462
- Brittanie Jones, Assistant Director of Conduct and Responsibility, 276.376.4502
In the event of any campus emergency, contact the Campus Police Department (276.328.0190 or 276.328.COPS (2677) weekday business hours; 276.376.3756 after hours, non-emergency; or 911 emergency).