In accordance with requirements outlined in the Code of Virginia (23-9.2:10), UVA Wise has a Threat Assessment Team for education and the prevention of violence on its campus.
The mission of the Threat Assessment Team at UVA Wise is to assess and to intervene regarding any individual whose behavior may potentially pose a threat to self, others, or the campus community. The team will plan and respond to potential threats or any act of violence in an attempt to prevent a critical incident and to maintain the safety of those involved as well as the safety of the campus community.
- Narda Porter, Registrar & TAT Vice Chairperson, 276.328.0116
- Tabitha Smith, Title IX Coordinator and Director of Compliance & Inclusion & TAT Vice Chairperson, 276.328.0131
- Beau Boggs, Chief of Police 276.328.0190
- Robbie Chulick, Assistant Dean of Students, 276.328.0114
- Teena Fast, Instructor in Accounting, 276.328.0291
- Stephanie Perry, Director of Human Resources, 276.328.0240
- Kendall Rainey, Director of Athletics, 276.376.4584
- Sara Schill, Counselor & TAT Recorder, 276.376.3432
In the event of any campus emergency, contact the Campus Police Department (276.328.0190 or 276.328.COPS (2677) weekday business hours; 276.376.3756 after hours, non-emergency; or 911 emergency).