The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of The University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
- ABET – Degree programs in computer science and software engineering are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- ACS – The Department of Natural Sciences offers an American Chemical Society-approved Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry.
- CAEP – The Teacher Education Program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) from Spring 2017 through Spring 2020.
- CCNE – The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- NASM – The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.