An Affordable, Top-Notch Education
The College at Wise is consistently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation whose students graduate with a low average student loan debt.
Learn more about current tuition and fees and how an excellent college education is within reach.
ARC/TAG refers to students who live in Kentucky, Tennessee, or the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) territory, which stretches from New York to Tennessee. Learn more about the State of the ARC tuition program to see if you are eligible.
2022–2023 School Year
Tuition & Required Fees
Full-Time Student (12-18 credit hours per semester)
- Virginia Resident: $11,498 per year ($5,749 per semester)
- Non-Virginia Resident: $31,592 per year ($15,796 per semester)
- ARC/TAG Resident: $12,213 per year ($6,106.50 per semester)
Students taking more than 18 credit hours per semester will be charged for the additional hours at the part-time tuition rate.
Part-Time Student (less than 12 credit hours per semester)
- Virginia Resident: $258 per credit hour
- Non-Virginia Resident: $1,044 per credit hour
- ARC/TAG Resident: $258 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: 7-11 credit hours $80 per year ($40 per semester) Virginia Resident
- Technology Fee: 7-11 credit hours $82 per year ($41 per semester) Non-Virginia Resident
- Student Fees: Students taking 1-11 credit hours will be charged $167 per credit hour
- Academic Credentialing Fee: full time $12 per semester 1 –11 credit hours $3 per credit hour
- Capital Fee: part time out-of-state $20.00 per credit hour. (1-11 hours)
- Capital Fee: full time out-of-state students $710 per year fee ($355 per semester)
- Miscellaneous: $50 return check fee
Room & Board: Residence Halls
- Asbury Hall, Culbertson Hall, Henson Hall, Martha Randolph Hall, McCraray Hall, Still Hall, Thompson Hall: $7,058 per year ($3,529 per semester)
- Unlimited Meals Plus 50 Swipes (Required for All Freshmen): $4,861 per year ($2,430.50 per semester)
- Cavalier Red 175 Meals Plus $50 Dining Dollars Per Semester (Upperclassmen Only): $4,861 per year ($2,430.50 per semester)
Student Commuter Meal Plans
- Any 80 meals per semester: $567
- Any 50 meals per semester: $373
- Any 25 meals per semester: $195
- Points plan: Minimum points purchase is $25.00. An additional 5% discount is given when dining at Smith Dining Commons.
**Tuition and fees are subject to change.