An Affordable, Top-Notch Education
The College at Wise is consistently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation whose students graduate with a low average student loan debt.
Learn more about current tuition and fees and how an excellent college education is within reach.
ARC/TAG refers to students who live in Kentucky, Tennessee, or the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) territory, which stretches from New York to Tennessee. Learn more about the State of the ARC tuition program to see if you are eligible.
2020–2021 School Year
Tuition & Required Fees
Full-Time Student (12-18 credit hours per semester)
- Virginia Resident: $10,836.00 per year ($5,418.00 per semester)
- Non-Virginia Resident: $29,798.00 per year ($14,899.00 per semester)
- ARC/TAG Resident: $11,531.00 per year ($5,765.50 per semester)
Students taking more than 18 credit hours per semester will be charged for the additional hours at the part-time tuition rate.
Part-Time Student (less than 12 credit hours per semester)
- Virginia Resident: $243.00 per credit hour
- Non-Virginia Resident: $1,014.00 per credit hour
- ARC/TAG Resident: $243.00 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: 7-11 credit hours $75.50 per year ($37.75 per semester) Virginia Resident
- Technology Fee: 7-11 credit hours $78.00 per year ($39.00 per semester) Non-Virginia Resident
- Student Fees: Students taking 1-11 credit hours will be charged $157.00 per credit hour
- Academic Credentialing Fee: full time $11.00 per semester 1 –11 credit hours $2.00 per credit hour
- Capital Fee: part time out-of-state $20.00 per credit hour. (1-11 hours)
- Capital Fee: full time out-of-state students $690.00 per year fee ($345.00 per semester)
- Miscellaneous: $50 return check fee
Room & Board: Residence Halls
- Asbury Hall, Culbertson Hall, Henson Hall, Martha Randolph Hall, McCraray Hall, Still Hall, Thompson Hall: $6,783.00 per year ($3,391.50 per semester)
- Unlimited Meals Plus 50 Swipes (Required for All Freshmen): $4,494.00 per year ($2,247.00 per semester)
- Cavalier Red 175 Meals Plus $50 Dining Dollars Per Semester (Upperclassmen Only): $4,494.00 per year ($2,247.00 per semester)
Student Commuter Meal Plans
- Any 80 meals per semester: $524.00
- Any 50 meals per semester: $344.00
- Any 25 meals per semester: $180.00
- Points plan: Minimum points purchase is $25.00. An additional 5% discount is given when dining at Smith Dining Commons.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
First week of classes: 100% refund
Second week of classes: 90% refund
Third week of classes: 50% refund
Fourth week of classes: 0% refund