Submit to Lux Today!
Please include a completed submission application as a cover page for all submissions.
Submission Guidelines for Lux: Undergraduate Scholarship at UVa-Wise
Please follow the Submission Guidelines below. Failure to comply with these guidelines could result in the rejection of your paper without review.
Eligibility: Lux is a multidisciplinary journal open to all fields. The first author must have initiated the scholarly activity as a student at UVa-Wise. Alumni may submit within three years of graduation. The journal also accepts papers written in foreign languages.
Submission Application: The application must be completed before the submission is sent for review. If the submission includes any coauthors, each must also sign consent on the application. Incomplete applications could result in rejection of the manuscript without review. Submissions are accepted via email at Luxuvawise@gmail.com.
- The submission must be saved as one single document file ( all appendixes and references must be included in one file)
- File must be in Microsoft Word (.docx),
- Text must be Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and one-inch margins
- All identifying student information must be removed from the submission (including headers, footers, and title pages)
- File must be saved as a one word title that does not identify the author
- Supporting images should be inserted as a JPEG with numbers and captions to accompany the images. The recommended resolution for images is at least 300 dpi.
- The article should be no longer than 20 pages, which excludes references and supporting materials such as images, charts, tables, and figures.
- Research should be recent, reliable and relevant.
- Abstract: Authors must provide a 250-300 word abstract for their submissions at the beginning of the paper. The abstract should be accessible to readers outside of your immediate field and written in English.
- Acknowledgements: Authors should recognize individuals and institutions that supported and sponsored your scholarly activity. This section should be no more than 150 words.
UVa-Wise Honor Code and Citations: Submissions will be checked for plagiarism, and plagiarized papers are subject to rejection without further review. Authors are expected to cite all sources as necessary and are to use the citation standards of their particular field.
Copyright and Copyrighted Images: Submissions must contain original work conducted as an undergraduate student at UVa-Wise. The author(s) keep the copyright to published work. Author(s) may republish their work elsewhere, but need to cite Lux as an original source and must be aware that many publications do not accept previously published work. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission to use copyrighted text including visual aids, images, video, etc.
Review and Decision Timeline: The submission window for the Fall 2018 issue closes January 15, 2018. All decisions should be made by April 1, 2018. The deadline for complete and final products from authors is April 15, 2018.
Contact Co-Editors Josephine Rodriguez and Emily Dotson at Luxuvawise@gmail.com for more information