Providing non-perishable food items, toiletries, and school supplies to all UVA Wise students in need — both commuters and residential students
Smiddy’s Cupboard, located in the Division of Student Affairs Office in Cantrell Hall, was created by the Committee on Student Hunger & Homelessness (COSHH). It officially opened in August 2018.
Food Pantry Hours
The food pantry is open on Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Smiddy’s Cupboard is furnished by the generous donations of the UVA Wise community and the community-at-large.
If you would like to donate, send a check payable to UVA Wise Foundation, 1 College Ave., Wise, VA 24293. For more information, call 276-328-0129. No frozen or perishable items. The majority of the UVA Wise on-campus student population has only microwave access. See suggested donation items below.
- Peanut butter
- Canned chicken, tuna, etc.
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Crackers, popcorn, chips, etc.
- Canned fruit
- Pudding/fruit/applesauce cups
- Gatorade, teas, and assorted drinks
- Bottled water, juice, tea, etc.
- Individual snacks (chips, pretzels, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc.)
- Microwavable meals (soups, pastas, ramen noodles, etc.)
- Toilet tissue
- Paper towels
- Bar soap/body wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream/razors
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dental Floss
- Body lotion/moisturizer
- Laundry detergent (unscented)
- Sponges and dish soap
- Paper products-plates, bowls, etc.
- Plastic utensils (mixed packs)
- Ziploc bags (regular not freezer) in quart or sandwich size
- Loose leaf paper & notebooks
- 3 ring binders
- Pens, pencils & highlighters
- Index cards
To learn more, call 276-328-0214 or email email@example.com.