The College’s Community Standards and Student Conduct System outline the expectations for students at UVA Wise and encourage student accountability by emphasizing the relationship between an individual’s choice and its impact. The process outlined by the Community Standards and Student Conduct System affords students the ability to respond to any allegations from the College.
- Communicate the expectations of the College community and assist students in determining how to meet those expectations moving forward.
- Support students’ educational experiences by providing resources and outcomes to encourage learning and growth as an individual.
- Connect students to resources to support their success at UVA Wise.
- Encourage a culture of accountability and respect.
The System is the formal adjudication process for violations of the Code of Conduct that are not considered violations of the Honor System or violations of the Policy on Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence. The Community Standards and Student Conduct System are not equal to a criminal or other legal proceeding.
- Allegations of violations of the Honor System are addressed by the Honor Court.
- Allegations of violations of the Policy on Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence are address by the Title IX Coordinator.
- Allegations of violations that also violate Federal, State, or local law may be referred to UVA Wise Campus Police or other appropriate authority.
- Student Conduct Referral Form
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Organization Conduct Process
- Student Handbook
For more information
Office of Community Standards
Cantrell Hall, 1st floor – Student Affairs Suite