Welcome to UVA Wise! Make the most of your Move-In Day. We are excited to welcome you to campus.
Schedule Your Move-In Day and Time
- Login to the housing portal and electronically sign the Housing Contract Addendum, stating that you have read and understand the COVID-19 policy, as well as other contractual changes.
- Call the Office of Housing & Residence Life (276-328-0214) between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule your Move-In Day date and time. Staff will check to ensure you have signed the housing contract addendum prior to scheduling your appointment. Please be patient, as we expect a high call volume.
- Start packing and look for an additional email closer to move in with detailed information about the Move-In Day process!
What Should I Bring?
Consult the Guide to Campus Living and the Housing Agreement for policies and procedures, as well as approved and prohibited items.
Consider packing the following, and be sure to check with your roommate to avoid duplicating what you bring.
- Seasonally appropriate clothing
- Sheets (twin, long)
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Clothes hangers
- Blanket and pillow
- Cleaning supplies
- Storage containers
- Laptop or tablet
- Refrigerator (may not exceed 4 cubic feet)
- Microwave (may not exceed 800 watts)
- Power strip with reset button (no extension cords)
- Coffee pot
- Floor fan
- Vacuum cleaner
- Electric razor
- Hair dryer
Where Can I Park?
Follow the directions of Campus Police when you arrive for Move-In Day. Students and families should unload belongings and then move vehicles to the appropriate parking areas at Greear Gymnasium (for visitors) or the designated lots (for students).
What Else Can I Do in Wise?
Find great places to eat, shop, stay, and explore during your time at Wise.