When is Move-In Weekend?
We are excited to soon welcome you to campus! Fall 2021 Move-In Weekend for new and returning residential students will be Friday, August 13-Sunday, August 15.
- New first-year students should plan for move-in on either Friday or Saturday due to their Expedition event on Sunday.
- Students arriving early for an athletic camp, band camp or other official College event, please follow the instructions of your coach or supervisor regarding Move-In dates, times, and details.
Look for more information beginning July 19 in the Housing Portal on scheduling your Move-In date and time!
Will offices be open during Move-In Weekend?
Yes, several offices will be open for students and families to take care of business during Move-In Weekend. The following will be open from 11 am-3 pm on both Saturday and Sunday:
- Health Wise Clinic, Housing, & Campus Police on the lower-level of Cantrell Hall
- Admissions & Financial Aid (1st fl) and Cashier's Office & Registrar's Office (2nd fl) in Crockett Hall
- Bookstore (1st fl) & Mail Services (4th fl) in the Slemp Student Center
What should I bring?
Consult the Guide to Campus Living and the Housing Agreement for policies and procedures, as well as approved and prohibited items, room dimensions, etc. See the additional suggestions noted below.
Consider packing the following...be sure to check with your roommate to avoid duplicating what you bring.
- Seasonally appropriate clothing
- Sheets (twin, long)
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Clothes hangers
- Blanket and pillow
- Cleaning supplies
- Storage containers
- Laptop or tablet
- Refrigerator (may not exceed 4 cubic feet)
- Microwave (may not exceed 800 watts)
- Power strip with reset button (no extension cords)
- Coffee pot
- Floor fan
- Vacuum cleaner
- Electric razor
- Hair dryer
Where can I park?
Follow the directions of Campus Police when you arrive for Move-In Day. Students and families should unload belongings and then move vehicles to the appropriate parking areas at Greear Gymnasium (for visitors) or the designated lots (for students).
What else can I do while I'm in Wise?
Find great places to eat, shop, stay, and explore during your time at Wise.