UVA Wise received funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to deploy the Assuring Controls Compliance of Research Data project (ACCORD), which is a high-performance computing cluster designed to protect sensitive research data. ACCORD is capable of being HIPAA-compliant.
UVA Wise researchers can use ACCORD resources for free.
ACCORD can help you:
- Store general research data to protect from loss (data is automatically backed up);
- Store sensitive data (e.g. population/demographic data, information related to health, genomics, or data deemed sensitive by research partners/sponsors);
- Use high-performance computing power (multi-core clusters) to analyze data in secured environment;
- Leverage the availability of ACCORD infrastructure in funding proposals/applications. For example, ACCORD can support secure data storage and analytics of a proposal; and
- Use ACCORD to train new researchers.
Instructions for Researchers
Researchers at UVA Wise can access the ACCORD resources on campus through a secured online interface. The ACCORD team also offers technical support and guidance for users.
To get started, get in touch with Tho Nguyen, ACCORD project manager, at email@example.com or Emily Wells.