The University of Virginia’s College at Wise Staff Senate was created to strengthen communication between and among staff members, faculty and students by:
- Recommending ways to improve procedures and employee relations, promote safety and service to our constituents, to the Senior Staff and all College departments.
- Advising the Chancellor on matters related to general College concerns, specifically those affecting the Staff.
- Promoting and supporting the mission of The University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
Staff Senate Representatives
Chancellor, Athletics, Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Office of Marketing & Communications
- Karen Bitter
- Meghan Dennehy
- Kristi McKinney
- Karina Rufino
Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations (Joe Kiser)
- David Amos
- Ethan Bolling
- Sarah Smith Carlson
- Mary Keith
- Tonya Large
- Irene Robinson
- Greg Sturgill
Vice Chancellor for Advancement and Alumni Engagement (Valerie Lawson)
- Donald Sharitt
Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management (Jeffrey Baylor)
- Redonna Bowman
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (Gail Zimmerman)
- Mikaela Logan
Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (Trisha Folds-Bennett)
- Crystal Fleming
- Kimberly Lawson
- Jennifer Partin
- Tiara Reynolds
- Sass Sheppard
Vice Chancellor for Administration, Government Relations and Strategic Initiatives (Shannon Blevins)
- Joshua Justice
Chair - Joshua Justice
Vice Chair - Meghan Dennehy
Secretary - Sass Sheppard
Treasurer - Jennifer Partin
Chair, Social & Programming Committee - Crystal Fleming
Chair, Employee Relations Committee - Don Sharitt
Chair-Communications - Sarah Smith-Carlson
The UVA Wise Staff Scholarship
The purpose of the UVA Wise Staff Scholarship is to support your efforts in continuing your professional development by enrolling in courses offered at UVA Wise. We encourage all applicants to explore other financial aid options, along with this application. The eligibility criteria and guidelines for applying for this scholarship are as follows:
- Must be a full time classified or university staff employee, employed for at least one year at UVA Wise or a part time “classified” wage employee employed for at least two years at UVA Wise.
- This scholarship is for a degree program at UVA Wise and/or course that is work related and approved by supervisor.
- All scholarship awards will be applied toward tuition, books purchased at UVA Wise Bookstore or applicable fees.
- Any Financial aid such as Pell Grant, Student Loans, Private Awards, Tuition Waiver and etc. will take precedence over the scholarship.
- Any unused funds will be returned to the scholarship account. No cash refunds will be available to recipients.
- Funding is based upon available scholarship dollars and is subject to change each year.
- Continued eligibility of this scholarship is contingent upon satisfactory completion of previous course work and a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.5.
- You must reapply each year for this scholarship award.
Please complete the UVA Wise Staff Scholarship Application and return it to the Office of Financial Aid. If you have any questions in regards to the application, you may contact Human Resources at 276-328-0240. Best wishes to a successful educational endeavor.