Find free tutoring support for your academic career at UVA Wise.
Tutoring appointments are offered both in person and over zoom, as well as via the Tutor.com link in Canvas. The Spring 2024 Tutoring Options document provides the QR code to register your account and sign up for appointments! Spring tutoring will begin on January 22. You can request more information about tutoring at UVA Wise by contacting Will Waggoner.
Tutors are qualified individuals who possess proven academic backgrounds, foster strong study habits and are endorsed by faculty. All tutoring services are provided free of cost to students enrolled in courses offered by the College.
Location and Hours
The Academic Success Center is located in the library on the second floor (24 hour side).
Open year-round, we provide tutoring Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., except for designated holidays. In the summer, we operate on a limited basis with zoom tutoring appointments available in select subjects.
Types of Tutoring Sessions
- Small Group Tutoring. The most common form of tutoring features groups of two to four students who meet regularly and are enrolled in the same course.
- Walk-In Tutoring. No appointment necessary. Spanish and Chemistry drop in sessions occur weekly. Look for signs around campus for days and times!
- Online Tutoring. Free tutoring online is available in most subjects as well as GRE and MCAT practice tests via Tutor.com. Students can access Tutor.com by clicking on ANY class on your Canvas Dashboard, and scroll down on the left side of the screen to find the Tutor.com 24/7 tutoring link. Click on the link to get started!
- Academic Coaching. Students may work with tutors to improve on aspects such as time management and study skills.
- Mentorship and Adaptability Program. This program for first year students provides freshmen with an upper class mentor who will help them adjust to college life, both in and out of the classroom. This program offers weekly meetings for students to improve their study skills, as well as build relationships across campus.
Learn more about tutoring policies and responsibilities.