Maintaining a safe and secure campus environment
Contact the Campus Police
Located on the lower level of Cantrell Hall
- Weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.: Call 276-328-0190 or 276-328-COPS
- After-hours non-emergencies: Call 276-328-3756
- Campus emergencies: Call 911
- Campus Patrols: Officers patrol campus grounds and facilities 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Crime Log: The Department maintains a crime log, which is available for public inspection during regular business hours at the Campus Police Office, located in Cantrell Hall. The most recent 60-day period of the crime log is available upon request at no cost; portions requested of the log older than 60 days will be available within two business days.
- Emergency Alerts: The Siren Alert System will be activated by the Campus Police in the event of an emergency. Receive immediate notifications by phone or email by signing up for the Emergency Alert System.
- Emergency Call Boxes: Activate call boxes around campus with the push of a button and automatically notify Campus Police.
- Educational Programming: Campus Police provide presentations on drug and alcohol awareness, crime prevention and safety, internet awareness and safety, and more to the campus community and in residence halls.
- Missing Students: UVA Wise complies with Section 485(j) of the Higher Education Opportunity Act regarding missing residential student notifications. All students living in campus housing provide an emergency contact and confidential contact person(s) to be contacted if and when the College determines a student is missing. Campus Police work closely with the Housing Office to locate the missing student.
- Operation ID: Students can label personal property and valuables brought to campus with hand-held engravers, and the Department maintains records of these items.
- Timely Warnings: In the event that a situation arises that, in the judgment of one or more of the following: Chief of Police or designee or senior administrator constitutes an on-going threat, a campus-wide timely warning will be issued.
- Vehicles & Parking: All employee and student vehicles parked on campus must be registered with the Campus Police Department and display a valid parking decal. Decals are valid for one year (August 15 to August 15) and are available for purchase in the Campus Police Department.