The Cashier’s Office strives to provide the best customer service to all UVA Wise students, faculty, and staff with efficiency and accuracy.
Payment Information and Payment Plans
Pay your bill online with ACH, debit, or credit card through Nelnet Business Solutions.
To pay online with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover), log in to your account at My UVA Wise. Go to the Students tab and select Pay my bill with Nelnet.
ACH payments require you to know your bank account and routing numbers. A $50 return check fee will be assessed for all ACH processed as nonsufficient funds or bad faith stop payment.
Pay by Check or Express Mail
Send checks payable to The University of Virginia’s College at Wise. Check payments are negotiated immediately upon receipt.
Send checks along with remittance advice. If you need to overnight your check and want to use FedEx or UPS, send it to this address:
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
Crockett Hall, Room 204
One College Avenue
Wise, Virginia 24293
Pay your education expenses in easy monthly installments with no interest charges. UVA Wise has partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions to make this process straightforward and manageable. Budget your academic costs to best fit your individual needs, and choose automatic payments so you don’t need to worry about sending a check each month.
Log in to your account at My UVA Wise, click the Students tab, and then select Pay my bill with Nelnet on the left.
You may also call Nelnet at 800-609-8056 to enroll.
There is a $50 nonrefundable enrollment fee per semester (and a $50 returned payment fee if a payment is returned).
View Billing Statements
View statements at any time through My UVA Wise following the instructions below. Statements are also mailed monthly.
- Log in to your account at My UVA Wise.
- Click on the Students tab and then Reports & Billing located on the left.
- Click the Student Statement (Bill) link.
- Choose the current year and term from the drop-down list and then click the Generate Report button.
- Then click Student Statement (Bill) to view your statement as a PDF.
2020-2021 Fee Information
View the tuition and required fees for the academic year, as well as the drop schedule for classes.
Students who have paid fees and elect to drop courses or withdraw from all courses completely during a semester will be due a cancellation of fees either in full or pro-rated based on the following schedule:
EIGHT-WEEK BLOCK A
- 8/12-8/14: 100% refund
- 8/14-8/16: 90% refund
- 8/17-8/19: 50% refund
- 8/20-8/23: 25% refund
- After 8/23: No refund for dropping a class
EIGHT-WEEK BLOCK B
- 10/5-10/6: 100% refund
- 10/7-10/9: 90% refund
- 10/10-10/12: 50% refund
- 10/13-10/16: 25% refund
- After 10/16: No refund for dropping a class
SIXTEEN-WEEK BLOCK C & Center of Teaching Excellence Courses
- First week of classes: 100% refund
- Second week of classes: 90% refund
- Third week of classes: 50% refund
- Fourth week of classes: 0% refund
What About Financial Aid?
Apply through the Office of Financial Aid, and learn more about scholarships and aid offered for your education at UVA Wise.
- Calculating Balance Due: Deduct from the balance due on your bill the semester award amount of any financial aid you are going to receive that semester if your file is complete with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Unpaid Balances for Financial Aid Recipients: Be aware that you are responsible for paying any difference between your total charges as was shown on your bill from the Cashier’s Office and your financial aid. Any unpaid balances (between your total charges and aid package) will result in registration blocks and a hold on your transcript.
Additional Important Information
- The Cashier’s Office will ONLY mail bills to the home or permanent address. Students may visit My UVA Wise to check their statement and balance due.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain current addresses with the Registrar’s Office and Office of Admissions.
- 1098-T forms are mailed by January 31.
- Finance Hold: I understand and agree that if I do not make payment for all charges on my student account, I may incur a Cashier’s Hold, which will prevent me from adding classes to my schedule, obtaining an official transcript, or receiving my diploma, and I may be removed from my classes after the first week of the semester. I understand and agree that a Cashier’s Hold may also prevent refunds due to me from being processed.